Aviya has an opening for a Simulation Engineer in Longueuil, Quebec. The incumbent will join our simulation group that oversees creating, validating and updating transient system simulation models (including powerplant, accessories -like fuel controls, actuators, sensors, rotor or propeller if applicable, and in some cases EEC or FADEC). The models are used by analytical groups (operability, controls) for non-real-time analysis in open and closed loop, and by controls and OEM on test benches in real time (ex: CLB – closed loop bench or aircraft training simulators).
Specific Position Duties
- Write, change and build requests based on customers’ needs (internal and external customers).
- Create /integrate/compile models (typically in Matlab/Simulink and Linux/Windows).
- For each required model change, establish the plan for integrating the change, testing it, validating the results, and documenting according to processes (simulation change request, validation test plan and test result, simulation build request).
- Provide the required model documentation including user guide and custom test cases for each model deliverable.
- Coordinate with model recipients for discrepancy identification and resolution.
- Follow & contribute to improve the required processes (documentation, configuration control, export and IP control, etc.).
- Work with operability, performance, and controls to validate models in open loop and closed loop vs engine bench and flight data and document the results.
- Report on model accuracy and limitations and propose model improvements when applicable.
Qualifications for Position
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task and progress tasks in parallel, and at ease with rapid changes of priority.
- Self-motivated, innovative individual, able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to build and test models systematically.
- Matlab / Simulink knowledge essential.
- Ability to compile and test models in various target environments (windows, linux, …).
- Knowledge of Clearcase or GitHub or similar tool is essential.
- Knowledge of C/C++, NPSS, SCADE, Fortran, are assets.
- Knowledge of software configuration control standards.
- Understanding of thermodynamics, turbomachine transient behaviours, state variable models / system linearization and basic control theory.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (simulation, systems or controls, or equivalent).
- English Proficiency (written & spoken). Bilingualism (French) an asset.
- Availability for occasional additional hours.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Engineering, aeronautics, controls systems or equivalent.
Aviya Aerospace Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Upon request, Aviya will accommodate candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process up to the point of undue hardship.
Thank you for your interest in Aviya Aerospace Systems. We are diligently reviewing every application, however only those applicants selected to move onto the next step will be contacted.