Aviya has opening for a System Safety and Reliability Analyst to join our engineering group in in Longueuil, Quebec.
Specific Position Duties
- Work with airframers, airworthiness authorities and PWC teams to define safety requirements and flow down; prepare PSSA and Safety Plan.
- Conduct systems safety analysis and participate in IPT’s in support of engine design activities, leading FMEA.
- Validate safety objectives are met through FHA, prepare the SSA for engine certification and support aircraft level certification activities.
- Conduct technical analysis, develop solutions to problems encountered during development and in-service.
- Perform risk assessments in support of fleet management strategies for continued airworthiness.
- Provide discipline leadership, including the development of new processes and analytical tools.
- Responsible for entire projects with significant scope and complexity through the value stream from preliminary requirements through to engine and aircraft certification and field life cycle management.
- Conducts system safety and reliability analysis for power plants and interfaces with aircrafts.
- Develops and coach others.
- Contributes to the team by applying their advanced knowledge to lead and develop disciplines such as fire safety, FMEA, or fleet risk management.
Qualifications for position
- Bachelors degree with 6 to 10 years of experience.
- Masters degree with 4 to 7 years of experience.
- Field of study: Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of engine turbomachinery and controls, aircraft powerplant systems (propeller, thrust reverser). Includes all aspects related to mechanical systems (fuel, oil, transmission) and control (hydromechanical, electronic, software).
- Demonstrate a strong interest in discipline leadership, with solid teamwork, troubleshooting, and systems thinking capability.
- Has expert knowledge that extends across multiple design disciplines.
Aviya Aerospace Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Upon request, Aviya will accommodate candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process up to the point of undue hardship.
Thank you for your interest in Aviya Aerospace Systems. We are diligently reviewing every application, however only those applicants selected to move onto the next step will be contacted.