Aviya Aerospace Systems is a leader in engineering services and solutions for mission critical Aerospace and Defense applications. Aviya provides expertise in program management, systems, software, mechanical, and hardware engineering to many of the top-tier Aerospace and Defense Contractors. Aviya has an opening for a Junior Staff Accountant to join our Accounting department in Mississauga, Ontario. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Specific Position Duties
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Perform accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements.
- Reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and other analysis.
- Support month-end and year-end processes.
- Maintain and organize accounting related documents.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications for Potential Position
- University degree in accounting, business administration or a related field.
- Co-op experience in relevant field is an asset.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
Aviya Aerospace Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Upon request, Aviya will accommodate candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process up to the point of undue hardship.
Thank you for your interest in Aviya Aerospace Systems. We are diligently reviewing every application, however only those applicants selected to move onto the next step will be contacted.