Aviya has an opening for an EMC Engineer/Technologist to join our engineering group in Mississauga, Ontario.
Specific Position Duties
- Responsible for aircraft protection against electromagnetic threat, including inter-system EMI, ESD, HIRF and Lightning.
- Execute complex engineering assignments requiring expertise within Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) field.
- Assess compliance with fuel tank explosion prevention requirements for new and existing products.
- Review qualification documentation in electromagnetics (e.g., magnetic effects, audio frequency susceptibility, induced signal susceptibility, RF susceptibility, RF emissions, lightning induced susceptibility, lightning direct effects, electrostatic discharge).
- Assess aircraft level inter-system electromagnetic interference.
- Analyze modifications and non-conformances at aircraft level and evaluate compliance with certification regulations.
- Participate in meetings and design reviews with system suppliers for design optimization and cost reduction.
- Participate in Continued Airworthiness projects as required and propose risk mitigating solutions.
Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Specialization in electromagnetics is a strong asset.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the EMC specialty.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic fields, theory and transmission line phenomena, antenna and propagation, signal integrity, EMI/EMC.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25.954 and 25.981 regulations and fuel tank protection against lightning, HIRF, static electricity and other hazards.
- Familiar with the relevant industry standards and best practices DO-160, SAE ARP, FAA advisory circulars and regulations, as well as other applicable airworthiness regulations.
- Able to analyze modifications at aircraft level and check compliance with certification regulations.
- Knowledge of EMA3D electromagnetic threat simulation / analysis tool is an asset.
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and is proactive in finding solutions to problems.
Aviya Aerospace Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Upon request, Aviya will accommodate candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process up to the point of undue hardship.
Thank you for your interest in Aviya Aerospace Systems. We are diligently reviewing every application, however only those applicants selected to move onto the next step will be contacted.