We have an opening for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our engineering group in Mississauga, Ontario.
Specific Position Duties
- Support development and implementation of advanced engine performance condition trend monitoring algorithms for all engine types and models.
- Analyze steady state and transient engine trend data in support of engine performance, control, stress, and aerodynamic studies.
- Create change scripts for schema changes using SQL techniques such as joins, CTEs, partitions, and conditional statements.
- Develop and implement scripts, algorithms, machine learning, data clustering and fault classification techniques within a relational database structure to manage, aggregate and search data in support of advanced diagnostics and prognostics.
- Create, validate, and implement advanced aircraft utilization algorithms and engine performance trend monitoring tools to enhance engine maintenance forecasting accuracy.
- Create and modify data models while translating data requirements into data models.
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Product Owner, managing stakeholders’ requirements and expectations while working with Agile Methodologies, participating in sprints, scrum meetings, and reviews.
Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering, or Computer Science, or similar fields.
- Minimum of 3 – 6 years’ experience in analytics or other quantitative disciplines. Any additional aviation experiences will also be considered.
- Must have strong computer programming skills using the languages such as Python, R, and C#.
- Proficient in modeling and analysis including machine learning, statistical analysis, and data mining.
- Experience with extract, transform, and load (EDL) processes.
- Proficient in development and implementation of analytic based algorithms.
- Extensive experience in advanced ML/statistical techniques such as regression analysis, predictive modeling, time series analysis, classification, clustering, feature reduction, etc.
- Ability to leverage analytical and quantitative skills to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, compare against physics-based models and complete root cause analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with SQL and utilizing SSIS and SSAS to analyze large relational databases.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Proficient at handling several analytical tasks concurrently.
Aviya Aerospace Systems is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Upon request, Aviya will accommodate candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process up to the point of undue hardship.
Thank you for your interest in Aviya Aerospace Systems. We are diligently reviewing every application, however only those applicants selected to move onto the next step will be contacted.