Aviya currently has openings for Control Systems Project Engineers to join our engineering group in Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona.
Specific Position Duties:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize technical projects
- Define and lead problem solving processes; use Six Sigma tools as part of RCCA
- Recognize cost and schedule risks before they can cause significant program impact, develop and execute sound risk mitigation plans
- Plan ahead with an awareness of external and internal forces that will affect the capability of the organization to achieve its goals
- Skillful technical leadership of project subtasks or small projects
- Work with customer and various levels of management to obtain or present technical data
Qualifications for Position:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in the design, development, or field support of gas turbine engines or similarly complex mechanical systems, OR flight management systems (FMS) or similarly complex avionics systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communications
- Due to US export control laws and regulations candidate must be a US citizen, US permanent resident, or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee
- Program/Project Management experience is preferred
- Cost account management skills in the SAP environment preferred
- Working knowledge of military engine or flight management systems qualification and FAA engine or FMS certification requirements is an asset
- Demonstrated bias for action
- Prioritizes time and resources effectively
- Be customer focused
- Ability to utilize Six Sigma and program management tools as appropriate within the IPDS framework is an asset
If you feel these qualifications describe you, then please forward your resume to email@example.com.
When responding to this posting, please respond with the job code 15022017-1 in the subject line.